The following disclosures are required by law. We apologize for the lawyerly tone—it’s not how we prefer to talk with you. If you have any questions about what these statements mean, we’re happy to discuss them.
Information included on this web site is intended for educational purposes only. Past performance may not be indicative of future results. Performance and attainment of goals cannot be guaranteed. This is not a prospectus or an offer to sell any security. You should read the prospectus of any investment before you invest.
Onyx Financial Advisors’ complete disclosure statement contained in Form ADV will be provided at any time free of charge upon written request. You may download our ADV using the link to the right or send your request to Onyx Financial Advisors, 2400 East 25th Street, Idaho Falls, Idaho 83404.
INITIAL NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
Onyx Financial Advisors, LLC, an investment advisory firm, is committed to safeguarding the confidential information of its clients. We do collect non-public, personal information in order to open and administer your accounts with us; and to provide you with accurate and pertinent advice. We hold all non-public, personal information you provide to us in the strictest confidence. If we were to change our firm policy, we would be prohibited under the law from doing so without advising you first.
Onyx Financial Advisors, LLC collects personal information about you from the following sources:
- Applications or other forms
- Discussions with unaffiliated third parties
- Information about your transactions with us or others
- Tax Returns
- Estate Planning Documents
Onyx Financial Advisors, LLC uses your personal information in the following manner:
- We do not sell your personal information to anyone.
- We limit employee and agent access to information only to those who have a business or professional reason for knowing, and only to nonaffiliated parties as permitted by law. (For example, federal regulations permit us to share a limited amount of information about you with a brokerage firm in order to execute securities transactions on your behalf. We are also permitted to discuss your financial situation with your accountant or lawyer.)
- We will provide notice of changes in our information sharing practices. If, at any time in the future, it is necessary to disclose any of your personal information in a way that is inconsistent with this policy, we will give you advance notice of the proposed change. You, then, will have the opportunity to opt out of such disclosure.
- We maintain a secure office and computer environment to ensure that your information is not placed at unreasonable risk.
- For unaffiliated third parties that require access to your personal information, including financial service companies, consultants, and auditors, we also require strict confidentiality in our agreements with them and expect them to keep this information private. Federal and state regulators also may review firm records as permitted under law.
- We do not provide your personally identifiable information to mailing list vendors or solicitors for any purpose.
- Personally identifiable information about you will be maintained during the time you are a client, and for the required time thereafter that such records are required to be maintained by federal and state securities laws. After this required period of record retention, all such information will be destroyed.
We are affiliated with and have common owners with Parry, Roe & Company, a CPA firm which provides tax and accounting services. If an Onyx Financial Advisors’ client is also a client of Parry, Roe & Company, then client information may be at times shared between Onyx Financial Advisors and Parry, Roe & Company.